National WHS&E Policy
At AVA Communities we are committed to protecting and enhancing the natural and built environment. We recognise that a successful future for our business is dependent on the sustainability of the environments, communities and economies in which we operate.
We commit to develop and manage sustainably by:
- Complying with legislative and regulatory requirements as a minimum standard.
- Mitigating and managing the environmental risks and impacts associated with our business activities.
- Positively and proactively contributing to the environment and the communities in which we operate.
We will meet these commitments by:
- Taking a leadership role with our business partners to foster, share and promote industry-wide knowledge of leading practice environmental management.
- Working collaboratively with regulators and all levels of government to comply with legislative requirements.
- Systematically identifying, mitigating and managing the environmental risks and impacts associated with our business activities across the project lifecycle.
- Incorporating environmental management principles and practices into the planning, development and operation of our projects and assets.
- Monitoring and reporting on key environmental indicators to promote the continual improvement of our environmental performance.
- Planning and implementing strategies to enhance energy efficiency, improve water management and quality, and reduce waste across our assets and developments.
- Protecting, restoring and where possible enhancing natural systems and associated biodiversity in the regions in which we operate.
- Specifying the use of materials that are safe recycled or reused, have low embodied energy and have a reduced impact on resource depletion.
- Engaging with the communities in which we operate to identify, and seek to address, their needs and concerns.
- Providing our employees with the information, training and support necessary to meet our environmental performance objectives.
- Working with our suppliers to ensure they understand, commit to and meet our standards for environmental management.
- Encouraging environmentally responsible actions and behaviours among our residents, customers, suppliers and